A field trip without a St. Christopher is hardly worthy of the name, is the consensus around here. Venice did not disappoint.
| a mosaic on the Grand Canal side of the Basilica di San Marco |
| ...and in the Museo di San Marco. I wonder if this was an old version of the one above, and I think it's interesting that Christopher more obviously has gigantism here. |
| the Sotoportego S. Cristoforo. We didn't even go looking for it! |
| at the end of the Sotoportego S. Cristoforo there's a little shrine to St. Christopher |
| my best attempt at taking a picture of the mosaic behind the grate |
| at the Campo de la Carità (says the GPS stamp on the photo; we were wandering randomly at this point) |
![]() |
| and in the museum on Torcello. I asked the cute grad student at the desk if I could take a picture of this painting and was denied, and my Christopher was *not pleased* with me. Luckily Wikipedia helped us out. Love the fish. |

No comments:
Post a Comment