Monday, June 10, 2019

Pentecost

Come Holy Spirit 
unknown author
arranged by Peter Hallock
sung by the St. Mark’s Compline Choir featuring My Most Favored Brother this morning…well, last night their time

Come Holy Spirit and wound us and make us whole.
Come Holy Spirit and smite us and give us peace.
In the cup of whose hands an ark sailed rudderless and without mast.
In your hands we rest,
And own a providence as large as sea and sky that could make of the aimless wandering of the ark a new beginning for the world.
In your hands we rest,
Ready and content this night.
To see thee is the end and the beginning.
Thou carriest me and thou goest before.
Thou art the journey and the journey’s end.

https://complinepodcast.org/?p=1700 (start at 25:50)

https://play.google.com/music/listen#/album/Bjr4b3wa35kr5sdqhvk55vsklvy/The+Compline+Choir/Of+the+Lord's+Mercies

"Rudderless and without mast" is kinda how I'm feeling right now, and I hate not being able to write, but my to-do list is so long and I am so very behind. It's a holiday here - I'm choosing to believe that we're resting with the apostles because they the day after they burst out of the locked room speaking in tongues and stuff, they must have had a mean vulnerability hangover? - and Daniel has the kids and I am going to MAKE SOME PROGRESS. ... any minute now .... now, maybe ....

No comments:

Post a Comment