Last week I abandoned my family again and went to the residential theology class that I wasn't supposed to take this summer because I was skipping choir on Thursday nights and taking the evening theology class instead so that I wouldn't have to attend a week in the summer and we could spend three weeks in the US...except then corona happened and I didn't find the time to catch up with the winter-semester-Thursday-evening-class in time for the exam, and we didn't go to the US either. If that didn't make sense, never mind. My point is, my wonderful husband held down the fort and I spent my second week "alone" this summer - five days in Morschach, the swissiest of Swiss places, occupied alternately with theological ethics and enjoying the view(s). And on Saturday morning I passed my exam, so that's 12/16 courses and 0/4 papers completed towards a certificate that will qualify me for...nothing! Hmm, let's move on. Here are some of those lovely views!
 |
Day 1: it was pouring when we arrived, but even in the rain the view from the Antoniushaus is stunning
|
 |
Day 2: in which I spent a lot of time watching the sun set
|
 |
| Day 3: "sunrise," or anyway the sun's first peek over the mountain, at 9:30 am! |
 |
Day 4: in which I went for a morning hike and was fascinated by all the cool shadows
|
 |
I've always liked the mother and child here but I'd never noticed the keys to the kingdom just sort of lying abandoned on the floor in front of them...as if they were superfluous. Kind of a subversive image for a Catholic chapel, no?
|
 |
Speaking of godly things, back at home: Caroline makes amazing plum tarts. They never look this pretty when I make them - a benefit of a Swiss education, perhaps?
|
No comments:
Post a Comment