The Swiss are fond of referring to the weeks of the year by number, and in as much as it seems my posts are going to be (at most) weekly for a bit, I'll try it. So. Week 31, aka week 3 of school break: Dan worked; the kids and I occupied ourselves. Could we be using our time more productively? Probably. Am I sorry we're not going on a more adventurous vacation? Occasionally. Does travel even around here make me corona-nervous? Yes.
Monday: No photos worth sharing. I did laundry, and in the afternoon Caroline visited the ponies and Christopher and I made a valiant attempt at sorting his art pile. We got through maybe a fifth of it and then stalled. So much for big cleaning projects this summer.
 |
Tuesday: the kids and I went swimming in the morning, then got lunch at the yummy fancy kebab shop. Here's Christopher getting worked up (because I am taking a picture) and Caroline looking bored (because 13), which is pretty much how our lives go these days.
|
 |
Wednesday: Caroline tried out scuba diving in our local pool and Christopher and I went on a pilgrimage to the outer reaches of Zurich to visit a donut shop. It was...worth a try. We are hardly hurting for good pastries around here, but a glazed old fashioned and a coffee would not go amiss now and then.
|
 |
Thursday: Christopher had a class and Caroline and I shopped until we dropped (which for us means about two hours, we're not exactly endurance shoppers). Then we got some food and ate it with our feet in a canal, and went home. Success.
|
 |
Friday: here Caroline shows off one of her new outfits while she attends to the serious business of bunny-walking. She's frighteningly grown-up looking these days.
|
 |
Bonus Friday picture: bannister detail from the Reformierte Kirche in Horgen, which Christopher and I briefly peeked into on our way home from his class. Unlike many of the older protestant churches around here, which were originally Catholic and stripped during the reformation, this one was purpose-built in the 18th century, definitely not decoration-free. According to Wikipedia, the pulpit was built in 1890 as an homage to the reformation - here guarding the stairs up to it is presumably one of the lions from the Zürich crest.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment