 |
Monday: Day 1 of mommy-camp, in which we visit my friend from work and Christopher manages to make a cucumber spiral before the adults harass him to the point of tears and we head home.
|
 |
| Tuesday: In which, learning from our mistakes, we avoid adults and go see the traveling exhibition Tutankhamun: His Tomb and His Treasures, which to my surprise was worth the somewhat exorbitant entry fee. So much stunning craftsmanship; so much violence... Here's a footrest for the Pharao; his bound slaves are literally under his feet. |
 |
Wednesday: Christopher and I visited the Landesmuseum, where they have an exhibit about video games in the part of the museum that was built to look like a castle.
|
Thursday ended up being a day of staying home and not taking a single picture. I finished off my virtual class reunion project with one final email. Our yearbook turned out great - not as expected, but in a good way. I wish I hadn't promised my classmates it would be private because I'd like to show it off!
 |
Friday: Caroline was absent from mommy-camp because she spent the week in a sort of conceptual camp about the intersection of new manufacturing techniques (3D printing and laser cutting) with environmentally-friendly materials (wood, the stuff that grows on kombucha, and also this bioplastic). We parents got to see the kids' projects today; I think she did her uncle proud with this model of a Le Corbusier chair.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment