Saturday, July 4, 2020

snippets

Okay, obviously I'm not managing to write these days, and with some luck I'm off tomorrow do spiritual exercises sans-computer for a week, but here's the big news.
  • Covid-19. It's here. We don't have it yet. I hope. Caroline has a cold but does not meet the clinical criteria for getting tested. Just one more week of school. Mostly remaining calm...
  • I changed the language on my phone to German. I'm not sure why I hadn't done this before, maybe I tried once early on and it was just too confusing? But so far this time, I'm on it. So that's a positive sign, language-wise.
  • Caroline's feet are the same size as mine. Or maybe just one half-size smaller. In any case, yikes.
  • I cut Christopher's hair today and it doesn't look terrible.
Yep, that's pretty much it. Not an exiting life, these days - which is, you know...fine? I've been thinking about what to do with this blog now that I regularly have nothing useful to report, but with the summer holidays come haywire schedules and lots of kid duties again, so I don't know when or if anything new will happen. I'm trying to practice serenity.

Here's an article in German about palliative care for a dying church (in this case, the state-supported church in Germany). Towards the end:
Palliative ecclesiology can make the public relevance of theology, spirituality and Christian faith clear by being a model for the dignified dismantling of other worthy and tradition-rich institutions that have reached the end of their lives.
Food for thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment