Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Husi

IN WHICH WE LEARN that kids in their second year of gymnasium in Canton Zürich go a 3-week long home economics camp to learn cooking, cleaning, sewing, and shop. Also, perhaps, cheese making. I am unreasonably excited about this because apparently they will learn, among other things, "what the various kinds of cleaning rags are for." Seriously, every time we visit a vacation apartment here there are precisely three (3) different kinds of cleaning rags neatly laid out and I sort of wing it...now I'll finally know what I'm supposed to do with them! The students will also receive an apparently-obligatory Swiss cookbook/textbook, Tiptopf (aka in French: Croqu'menus). Click through to the "Leseprobe" to learn not to buy apples in the summer and how to make bacon-wrapped prunes! 

Caroline will be attending the course at the Rheinau Abbey. Seriously. Can I go?

No comments:

Post a Comment