Monday, September 28, 2020

transition

Things are changing.

The weather changed quite noticeably this week from could-pass-for-late-summer to decidedly-fall. I've stopped wishing I could go jump in the pool and started wishing for nice warm baths.

Last week I quit my job. Turns out you have to give three months' notice, so I have to do said job through the end of December, which promises to be less than totally fun. But still - there's hope for free Fridays in 2021. And maybe just maybe a more-suited-to-me job sometime in the future. 

I read a book. This should not be unusual, but it is. It was a random novel that's been sitting around since my mother's last visit (she reads a ton) and I didn't think it was particularly good, but it was far better than scrolling up and down Facebook for the equivalent number of hours, and I hope it will inspire me to pick up another of the many (many) books around here that I haven't read.

Christopher finally had his First Communion. "Communion tastes bad" he says. But the cordon bleu party afterwards tasted just fine, so there's that.

Next week is fall break. Already! We are planning a short trip to Legoland and hoping that the rumors are true about Germans taking covid restrictions more seriously than the Swiss - and also, that Zurich stays off the German quarantine list. The numbers here look like they've stopped going up. Fingers crossed.

My photo roll is downright sad. Here's a picture of the random and miraculously-open porta-potty that we stopped at yesterday when, on the way to the cordon bleu party, Caroline suddenly and urgently needed to pee. Later in the evening we were reminded of this joyous event again when this extremely short They Might Be Giants song was featured on the most recent Strong Songs we were listening to (no idea where Dan found this podcast but it's a rare bit of car entertainment we can all agree on).


No comments:

Post a Comment