Monday, August 8
In which I visited the Waterstones near UCL again, took a quick trip to the British Library, had another wonderful coffee with another wonderful grad school friend, arrived back at my hotel a full hour AFTER I was supposed to check out, had a minor panic attack as I waited in the extremely short-staffed hotel lobby for half an hour before someone could take me back up to my now-locked room to get my stuff, then managed to meet Dan and the kids on time after all and we all took the not-even-delayed train to Bristol. There aren't a lot of pictures, which is probably good since at the rate I'm going I won't be done reporting on this vacation before the next one rolls around...
 |
| he threatened me with extermination if I didn't buy more books, so of course I had to comply |
 |
| another view of the landscraper under construction |
 |
| the rest of the family arrives and we all feel better after a good pub dinner |
 |
| Bristol at dusk |
No comments:
Post a Comment