Friday, February 24, 2023

Lent in Three Steps

"Platform 9 3/4" on a pillar at the mall in Spreitenbach. This makes ever so slightly more sense when you know that there's sometimes a "train" (on wheels) that makes rounds of the mall and stops here but still...no.

  1. My only son and I have been watching Parks and Recreation at a rate of approximately two episodes a day. 
  2. On an unrelated note (or so I thought!) I decided that my lenten practice this year will be to cut down my consumption. "Buy Nothing Lent" has a great ring to it and there's no way I'll manage that, but since it's "Get Apartment Cleaned Up for Mother-In-Law's Impending Visit Lent" in any case, focusing on surrendering things rather than acquiring them seems like a good idea.
  3. This week's On Being episode--the fourth in this most fabulous new season that I wholeheartedly recommend to everyone--is an interview with none other than Nick Offerman, star of Parks and Recreation, talking about manual labor and breaking the spell of consumerism.
So.

No comments:

Post a Comment