Saturday, May 6, 2023

falling apart, contd.

Christmas post updates:

  • Kid 2 did fail the gymnasium exam. He'll try secondary school next year and see how it goes. It seems relatively clear that I should get a job so we can pay for private school.
  • Also, I should get a job because Dan did get laid off, which means we now have zero income, which is FINE for the moment because severance etc. but still also scary. 
  • Just after the layoff notice came an email from the property manager of our house in Seattle saying that the sewer line broke and that will be $10k please.
  • And I know no one cares about this but me, but: remember those papers that I definitely for sure was going to work on? Still nothing. Hope springs eternal!
So. Things falling apart. But I've received a lot of emotional support from my friends (thank you friends!) and also the universe has been...sending me motivational messages? Which I thought I'd share. Here you go.
Gott gibt mir ein Licht für den nächsten Schritt  (God gives me a light to take the next step), on one sponsored board of the observation tower over Dan's mom's hometown of Sirnach, Thurgau.
Alles fliesst (everything flows), a fountain in Sirnach proper. 
KOPF HOCH (chin up!), in the lake near Bürkliplatz, Zurich.
Furcht nicht die Welt, greif tapfer an (don't fear the world, tackle it valiantly!), at the St. Peter Molinis train station.
EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ALRIGHT, on top of the Bad Ragaz Resort Hotel
 
The observant reader will notice that these pictures imply quite a lot of Swiss tourism and not a lot of job hunting, which yes: Dan's mom was here for the last five weeks and the kids have had spring break for the last two. But we're going to get serious again. Any day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment