Thursday, March 6, 2025

Unexpected Chai

So it’s only the second day of this effort and OF COURSE I didn’t finish the thing I wanted to write today, and now it’s (past) bedtime, hmph. So I flipped through my pictures looking for something to share, and here you go:

On Sunday Dan and I took a long-ish walk in an effort to satisfy my Fitbit, which when I got it at Christmas would tell me I was risking injury if I so much as got out of bed in the morning, but has now decided that I should really be going for an hour-long run every day. I guess that's progress, but I am nowhere near being in shape to run and I can't meet its ever-increasing "cardio load" targets by walking, so I am not sure where we go from here. But anyway, we were walking. And then we were resting on a bench enjoying a view of the city and then I noticed this "chai corner" on the map and we decided to check it out. Sure enough, ten honor-system bucks later we had a cup of chai and two little Swiss treats to sustain us for the way home and/or negate the positive health effects of the walk. Success!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment