Friday, August 28, 2026

goddesses

If I've got this right: German author and modern witch Luisa Franca, who now lives in Portugal, entrusted her collection of goddess figurines to a Swiss organization that keeps them safe in an occasionally-open-to-the-public warehouse in Opfikon, near Zurich. Where they have since been joined by other goddesses from other collectors. I learned this when some of the goddesses went on display in a church in Zug for ten days. With some luck I will go visit the others at the end of September.

It's rocks, again. At least the top one is. The bottom one is an artistic interpretation of the 27,000-year-old Venus of Mauern by Varuna Brigitte Reiner.

The Sleeping Lady of Hal Saflieni, 3000 BCE. LOVE HER.

Ancient Egyptian bird-woman (5500 BCE), interpreted by Susanne Keller

Double-figurine from the Cyclades (3000 BCE). Also interpreted by Susanne Keller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment