Sunday, October 27, 2019

American food

You can get most Swiss foods in the US, but you can't get any of the items below in Switzerland. Which is probably for the best. Except for the donut. Boy I wish I could get a good donut here. But not a donut breakfast sandwich, that's going too far.

To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven.
A time to be born, and a time to die.
A time to plant, and a time to reap.
A time to innovate, and a time to...maybe consider whether all of this is really strictly necessary.
Inexplicably I left this one out of the first draft, so adding it at the top now, because, well, this is my point. Tasty? Undoubtedly. Necessary? Certainly not.
Does this make any sense at all? I have no idea.

It was a delicious apple fritter. Could have been a couple sizes smaller.

Tastes like Fresca, but alcoholic. Swiss grocery stores, you could be talked into this one, right? 

Free coffee at the hotel: Regular / Robust / Decaf / Hot. Cracked me up. And yes, the first three are coffee and the last is water. But still. The pump creamers (Hazlenut and French Vanilla) are so classy.

When I was in college my grandmother used to send me care packages of hot chocolate packets like these. I think they came in chocolate, mint, and maybe orange? That could have been the triple sec we added. Definitely not maple bacon though. Or banana, or s'mores. How times have changed.

It turns out that fresh Peeps taste not half bad. I honestly didn't know that.

Strawberry? Nah.

Many things at once.
Had to look this up. The Luther Donut is named after the Luther Burger, a burger with a donut bun that according to legend was a favorite of Luther Vandross. Who suffered from diabetes and hypertension.

Mmmm bacon.

We can do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment