Saturday, November 15, 2025

aaaaand...

meanwhile, in Zurich...

All right, I'm all caught up on trips. And while I've been out galavanting (or writing about it), Stuff Has Happened. 

  • Caroline started university, studying math. Living at home - no "going off to college" for this Swiss girl. I know very little about how it's going, except that she fusses about her weekly programming assignments. Maybe I'll find out more after her first set of semester exams in January? Or maybe not. 
  • We signed Chris's apprenticeship contract: for three years starting August 3, 2026, he will be working as a butcher at Metzgerei Ziegler. He can't wait. Butcher! Who would have guessed? Not me. 
  • I got my last TBI paper back. Grade: C+/B-. Pooh. See very much: this. But all I needed was a passing grade, so success! 
The next step in the Great Swiss Theology Adventure is to get a psychological assessment that will determine my suitability to work in the Catholic Church. If I pass, I'll be able to apply for a 3-year program consisting of more theology classes and practical training, followed by a year of apprenticeship, after which I could work as a pastoral assistant. But that's getting waaaay ahead of myself. My assessment is scheduled for Feburary 5.

When we were in Milan, Lisa looked up my horoscope...

So. The stars say that I need to get my head out of the clouds and put my feet on the ground. An ecumenical round of the "Spiritual Exercises in Daily Life" starts tomorrow and runs through Pentecost, and I'm hoping that taking part will help me get into a daily reflection and journaling routine - and if all goes well also a weekly writing practice. Daily cleaning, cooking, and exercise routines wouldn't hurt either. So please, send your most domestic vibes my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment