Thursday, November 13, 2025

Bremen

Bremen! Does not deserve a post. Which is to say, I'm sure it does deserve a post, but this one will not do it justice: for Christopher and I, Bremen was less a destination than the place we stayed overnight on our way to and from locations farther north.

Four thumbs up for the Ibis Budget Bremen City Center, which - for less than half the price of the other hotels we stayed in on this fall break trip - delivered everything we could want: a good location, clean rooms, and breakfast with a top-floor view over the city. And only here could we pull the double bed apart to make two singles: at one-week-short-of-15 Chris was quite understandably not all that crazy about having to share a bed with mom. 

In both directions we arrived too late and left too early to see the inside of anything, but we did get a taste of the city and I hope we'll be back to visit properly someday.

The famous musicians, after dark
Guilds of today in the Schnoorviertel
A stained glass window after my own heart. And now I know that Kaffee HAG (the world's first decaffeinated coffee manufacturer!) came from Bremen.
A selfie with what the internet says is Stephan Balkenhol's "Mann mit Vogel". I felt so...maritime. 
And of course not to be missed: the [door to the] Christophorus-Saal of the Liebfrauenkirche. What does it look like inside? Maybe next time we'll find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment