Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Fäscht

This weekend was Züri Fäscht (scroll down that link for some cool pictures), the once-every-three-years street festival in Zürich featuring food stands, rides, really loud music, a diving platform, amphibious vintage cars, fireworks, more fireworks, even more fireworks, and eco-friendly drone shows which will not be replacing fireworks just yet. There was a church-shaped food tent / performance space sponsored by the Catholic Church, which according to my church friend represents a shameful and wasteful sell-out to the sins of Babylon...but it proved itself to be a very useful shelter for me when it started pouring rain.
Okay, this is a bit silly. But as you can see, that's a very black cloud.
Just after the rain stopped, one of the Swiss Air Force acrobatic teams performed.
My favorite part of [an admittedly pretty short visit to] Züri Fäscht. You can take the girl far away from aviation, but you can't take aviation out of the girl...
I had some other thing I was going to write, but I've forgotten it due to the brain-numbing effects of an hour-long phone conversation with our US insurance company, the entire point of which was to tell them that nothing in our situation has changed since the last time they reviewed our policy (?!). So I'm giving up for now. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment