Friday, July 26, 2019

the airport

She's a natural.
Today Caroline got a behind-the-scenes tour at the airport, and while I waited for her I alternated between wandering around looking for oddities, and trying to find a quiet place to sit and read (which wasn't easy but also wasn't impossible, even during the height of summer travel season - the Zurich airport is quite awesome, have I mentioned the observation deck?). What really helped me focus, in the end, was a big chocolate-chocolate chip cookie.

And while neither airports nor chocolate-chocolate chip cookies are particularly biblical, I did manage to finish all my Bible reading. For...whatever that's worth. I mean obviously, it's very important. But also deeply challenging to my view (hope!) that Christianity is at its core about love? I have so many questions, which I guess is good, because they should motivate me to read, read, read the textbooks this coming week!

It's really too hot for deep thoughts, so here are a couple of oddities:
Palettrolli (pallet truck, one assumes from the picture) is my Swiss word of the day today. It has such a cool ring to it, and it's decidedly not standard German! 
Speaking of things that should be verboten: this floor level numbering...!!
Get it? CH - Air? A new Swiss airline? According to their website, chair has a fleet of three airplanes, has "the courage to be different in the flight market‚ and are always good for a surprise." Um.





No comments:

Post a Comment