Monday, July 1, 2019

party mood

I've said this before but it's worth repeating: one of the things I love about our apartment is that it's close to a community center, so on summer evenings when we have the windows open we can hear the music of whoever has rented the party room that night. It's rarely loud enough to be annoying, just a bit of bass to make life here feel less lonely and sterile. (Another thing I've undoubtedly mentioned before that all the street- and sidewalk-cleaning vehicles here are emblazoned with the motto "Damit es in der Stadt so schön ist wie zuhause" - "So that the city is as clean as your house" - which never fails to make me giggle, I so wish they'd come over and make my house as clean as the streets of Zurich!)

A related thing I do *not* love about our apartment is that said party people have an annoying habit of deciding to set off fireworks in the park at all hours of the night, which I always worry will wake up my explosion-phobic offspring. Luckily, he's a pretty deep sleeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment