Monday, May 4, 2020

experiment

Well, we're now officially participating in the grand experiment of lockdown-loosening. Today I had an appointment with the dental hygienist. She wore a paper mask and made me rinse my mouth with hydrogen peroxide before she started cleaning. Which...was far fewer protective measures than I had expected. On Wednesday I'm going to see my hairdresser; next Monday Christopher goes back to school. The number of active cases in Switzerland is back down around where it was when the lockdown started, around 5,000, which...seems like it means that the potential for everything to blow up again is quite high, unless the authorities have very good information on the locations of infected people and transmission chains? But if they do, they haven't shared that information with me. I'm taking deep breaths, in the safety of my own home, and trying to face this pragmatically. It's going be fine. Or it isn't. Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment