Saturday, May 2, 2020

staycation

It after 6pm and I am still in my pyjamas. I've been out of the bedroom three times: for breakfast, lunch and dinner, all prepared by my lovely husband and kids...well plus maybe a couple of bathroom and chocolate-seeking breaks. I have not made it through my quite modest to-do list, nor do I have any hope of doing so.

Yesterday when I turned in my timesheet at church, I asked about the possibility of taking unpaid leave until after summer vacation. We'll see what comes back. There's nothing that says I can't continue to get paid for the next few months even if I don't restart the playgroup - and the pragmatic approach would be to collect my salary and donate it to charity, if I feel that guilty about doing nothing - but it's the principle of the thing. What particularly bothers me is that I feel like we could find creative ways to support families during this time, but we're not doing it. I'm not doing it. And that's probably yet another sign that this is the wrong workplace for me. But it seems like a bad time to quit outright.

My favorite Choir! Choir! Choir! - for example! - is rocking through the quarantine time even though their entire entertainment model involves crowds singing in close proximity. They've got that special ingredient. I suspect it's love.

Here's their "stress relief playlist" - so much good stuff!

On a sillier note, Daniel and Caroline and I have started playing the Exploding Kittens app 😸

No comments:

Post a Comment