Thursday, May 21, 2026

life

Novena-of-gratitude day 7: I said the grrrls were coming but it felt somehow dishonest to say I was thankful for my female friendships on some random day when they didn't play a role, if that makes any sense, although of course I am so very thankful for all the women I get to share parts of my life with. Oh and I have a story to tell about that, not today but soon. Today in particular though: I've been meeting with a small group of women who are [attempting to] practice "Bohmian dialog" once a month (a thing you can read about here, if you want, though I personally haven't). And this group is still new and somewhat fraught and I'm irrationally worried that writing glowing things about it will just make it fall apart again. But...it seems to be a thing. That is happening. Also outside of the meetings. And it feels kinda glowy. Like not just *a* friend but friends, plural, who support each other. The fabled but elusive "support network"? Maybe? Anyway, it's very cool.

Three of us sat by a lake this morning and watched the baby coots. So, so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment