Tomorrow, baking. I want to make chocolate chip cookies to give out as gifts and raspberry delights (like these, something my mom always makes) to devour ourselves.
I feel like I'm going through the motions here.
Meanwhile, the rest of Zurich is just bursting with holiday ambiance: Salvation Army music groups, other random musicians and carolers, lights, Christmas markets, the smell of Glühwein and/or fondue everywhere you go. Tonight I dragged Christopher to the Service of Lessons and Carols at the Anglican church. It was fun to sing but lonely because I didn't know a soul. I miss you, Greg!! Afterwards we had dinner at my favorite fast-food pasta place, and then we walked across to the Christmas market by Fraumünster because I wanted to see the mirrored nativity scene there. For some reason they were projecting children's drawings (?) onto the tower of St. Peter's church. I couldn't get my phone to capture this well, but it added to the general magical atmosphere.
Here's the tragedy of the whole thing, though: all the Christmas markets close on December 24. So as soon as Christmas comes, it's all over, back to just regular-charming here in the city of the money gnomes.
| In the mirrored nativity scene, Mary and Joseph appear to be in love. Which is different and cool. A couple more pictures here. |
| Here's one of the pictures on St. Peter's. Neat huh? |
| Oh and did I mention Lichterschwimmen on Thursday night? Like I said, bursting. |
No comments:
Post a Comment