Meanwhile my partner is tooooooo freaking good at her job and we have 42 adults and 22 babies registered for this Baptism of our Lord service on January 12, and that's not counting the families who normally come to our service and don't register, so we're looking at, oh, five times more people than we normally have? What does a church service for babies even look like? At some point it seems like we should wave the flag of surrender and maybe someone with some sort of training in theology or pedagogy or something should go ahead and jump in here? Except it's already too late for that. Eeeek!
And speaking of eek, yesterday at work the man who is running the preschool service on Christmas Eve sent us his script and surprise, I get to play the mouse! Who is somehow a main character in this particular Christmas story? So now I have lines to memorize, on top of the 50 Christmas jobs I have not done. No, we still don't have a tree, and also the floors are gross.
In other news: in math class, Caroline learned to calculate the angle between the two hands on a clock at any given time, taking into account that the minute hand moves 6 degrees per minute and the hour hand moves 0.5 degrees per minute. I mean, this isn't particularly hard or anything, but did *you* learn this at school? I feel like this will really prepare her for her future career as a Swiss watchmaker.
I'll leave you with a billboard of a moose cookie warming his hindquarters in a Christmas cappuccino.
| 'Tis the season. |
No comments:
Post a Comment