Thursday, December 3, 2020

eyes of flame

It's late so this is going to be a quick one. The song of the day is (drum roll please...)

The Angel Gabriel from Heaven Came, here in a version which people more musically talented than I could potentially sing along to. With a special bonus surprise lyric!

Last year I dragged Christopher to the Service of Lessons and Carols at the Anglican church, and he was not overly amused by the experience - but when I asked him on Tuesday night if he'd like me to sing a Christmas song, this was the one he asked for, and when I couldn't remember the "wings of drifted snow" lyric he filled it in for me. So I guess it made an impression. Probably the eyes of flame. 

Speaking of flame: Every year this tree near the train station in Altstetten is lit from the inside. I've always wondered how they get all those lights in there. It gives the unsettling impression (which I've failed to capture particularly well) that the tree is burning from the inside out. A Christmas tree for 2020, perhaps.


No comments:

Post a Comment