I know this pandemic thing is dragging on and there's no substitute for in-person contact, but for crazy people like me who are thousands of miles away and wouldn't be seeing this in person anyway, this technology stuff is just so cool.
And though I said this on Facebook, it is worth repeating here: the "O" Antiphons service this was a part of was just so super good all around even though they had to work with new, even stricter rules around singing. Though the recorded version of "Tomorrow Shall be My Dancing Day" (let's call that the song for December 1 so I'm caught up, ok?) did sort of trigger my allergies...the choirs! the kids!
The last verse, which they don't sing here, is:
Then up to heaven I did ascend,Where now I dwell in sure substanceOn the right hand of God, that manMay come unto the general dance.
Here's to getting our general dance back, one of these months.
| Snow this morning! |
No comments:
Post a Comment