Sitting here just now I realized my feet were cold, and my feet were cold because I took my slippers off and didn't have any socks underneath, and I didn't have any socks underneath because I never put on shoes today, and I didn't need to put on shoes today because I never left the house. The End.
Speaking of things I am not leaving the house for, last fall I started what was supposed to be a one-year break from choir, which is now turning out to be a two-year break from choir. I had good non-choir reasons for taking a break but secretly I had choir-related reasons too: I was tired of the facile theology of Jesus songs, tired of wishing I was a better singer than I am, tired of Caroline's guilt trip about me abandoning her on Thursday nights. Yesterday, though, we got a Christmas video from the choir director, and for the first time I felt a real pang of regret. So today, a cheesy Christmas choir song featuring my dear friend Mike, with the hope that we'll be singing together again one day soon...
A Star is Shining Tonight - Gospelchor Albisrieden
(It is in fact pouring rain here, so no solstice star-gazing for me.)
| Maybe all the Christmas lights I'm going to see this year? My friend Herbert gave me the star and I love it. |
No comments:
Post a Comment