Saturday, December 5, 2020

wisdom (?)

Advent song calendar, December 4: (I think it might still be December 4 in, like, Hawaii? so I'm good right?) O Virtus Sapientiae by Hildegard Von Bingen

Note to self: learn more about Hildegard von Bingen. 

This song was in the O Antiphons service, but it's also on YouTube by a pandemic artist I'm definitely going to be following. Here you go: 

O Virtus Sapientiae by Hildegard Von Bingen, performed by Hildegard von Blingin'

See also: her cover of Somebody That I Used to Know, which made me giggle. 

O virtus Sapientiæ, quæ circuiens circuisti comprehendendo omnia in una via, quæ habet vitam, tres alas habens, quarum una in altum volat, et altera de terra sudat, et tertia undique volat. Laus tibi sit, sicut te decet, O Sapientia.

O strength of Wisdom, who circled upon herself, encompassing all in one path, which is the path of life— three wings you have: one soars to the heights, another springs up from the earth, and the third flies from one end to the other. Praise be to you, as is fitting, O Wisdom.

No discernible connection to Wisdom here, but Christopher got to decorate cookies at school yesterday afternoon and I particularly like the eyes (middle row) because they feel very Egyptian and therefore very Christopher. Note to self #2: stop lounging around in bed, get out before it starts raining, and take some more pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment