Friday, March 8, 2019

Happy Birthday to me!

Tomorrow I'm turning 45. I was raised on the idea that it is unseemly for adults to celebrate their birthdays - you should be, I don't even know, too modest to ask for presents? ashamed because you've wasted your life? overcome with sorrow that you're one year nearer death? Screw all that, I say. Maybe I'll feel differently one of these years, but for now, I'll take all the excuses to celebrate that I can get.

My birthday present to myself is a week-long break from the calorie-counting and dieting I've been doing since mid-January. Surprise, I do not enjoy dieting. And eating like a bird for a few weeks, although it takes willpower, is not the same thing as changing my (our) diet permanently for the better. I still have a lot of work to do on that front. But still...I've lost 10 pounds and in trying to get in my 10,000 steps ever day I've gotten to enjoy some lovely spring weather, so, win!

Also - tomorrow at noon I'll be on the train to lovely Morschach for a weekend of theology ("New Testament I"), which means three meals of no cooking and a night in a hotel room yay!! And, ahem, listening to lectures, of course. And some sneaking out out to enjoy the stunning proto-Swiss views. It's supposed to be raining this time, but still. Here are some photos from previous visits so you can see why I'm excited.




No comments:

Post a Comment