Friday, March 22, 2019
veni, vidi, vici
Tonight we got the news that my dearest and most intelligent daughter passed the exam to get into to 6-year gymnasium. Yay Caroline! The default, no-exam alternative would be to go to something more like middle school for 7th and 8th grade, with the possibility of 4-year gymnasium (roughly the equivalent of college-track high school) after that. The big difference between middle school and the first two years of 6-year gymnasium is...that the kids get to take latin. I am unreasonably excited about this. Which is ironic given that my best friend and I actually had a latin tutor in eighth grade (I'm not even sure how this happened - our parents thought it was a good idea?) and we only ever attempted the homework half an hour before the lesson every week and consequently learned...not much at all. Maybe vicarious latin learning will somehow work out better?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment