My last blog post was in September 2017 and now it's January 2019, so I feel like I owe everyone an update. Trouble is...I'm not sure myself what the big news items are. So here's just a quick overview of My Life Today.
About half my waking hours are still spent doing some sort of child care, housework, or household project management (sooo many school vacations here), but as the kids get older I have more and more non-housewife time yipeeeeeeee!
I liked my theology class so much that I signed up for a whole new series of 16(!) of them - 2 classes per semester for 4 years. So far I've passed 5 of the 16 classes, including (recently, and I'm very proud of this) philosophy. Ok, it's still adult education and not a real university class or anything, and yes it was only 10 minutes long and they aren't out to fail anyone, but still. I PASSED AN ORAL EXAM ON PHILOSOPHY IN GERMAN. All y'all who did a semester abroad in high school and still speak the language fluently can just keep your mouths shut, I've worked really hard on this second-language thing and I am having a moment here.
To finance my theology habit I've kept the job running the playgroup at church on Friday mornings, so I've been gainfully employed doing that at 25% time for what seems like an impossible two years now. Every Thursday night I dread Friday morning, but it comes anyway, and I go shopping and make coffee and cut up some fruit and some number of parents and kids show up, and we play and eat and sing and light candles in the church and so far no one has been seriously injured and on Friday afternoon I am exhausted. Repeat. I also spend Tuesday mornings working in the office, where I'm mostly good for making posters and having too many crazy ideas.
Next to my to big projects I have a bunch of smaller ones: gospel choir, periodic Art of Hosting meetings (when I grow up I want to be a facilitator), seeing the psychiatrist (more on that soon I hope), trying to maintain the precious few friendships I have here, this or that little editing job...
Aaand Daniel is yawning dramatically, which means it's time for bed. Hitting publish!
No comments:
Post a Comment