aaand it's late again, because (1) we spent most of the day and part of the night adding a loft bed* to Caroline's room and (2) after that I watched SNL with Daniel because I've been neglecting him in the evenings in favor of this writing project. But halfway through the show he fell asleep.** So now I'm alone after all, and I'd like to write something deep and meaningful about the Christchurch shooting and fear and risk, but that seems both hard and likely to go wrong.
So instead I will direct my thoughts and prayers to my Higher Power and give you my hot internet tip for the year - the DailyOM class "A Year To Clear" by Stephanie Bennett Vogt. If you can KonMari, great, good luck and go for it - but I needed a gentler method, and this one is working. Step by tiny step, the apartment is becoming a place I'm happy to be rather than a 1000-square-foot to-do list staring me in the face all the time. And that in turn has made a real difference in my mental health...between random New Age online courses and the psychiatrist I expect I'll be normal any day now!***
*a generous hand-me-down from our next-door neighbors and Lego buddies
**possibly because he doesn't get enough coffee on weekends? or...because spending the day at home dealing with the house and kids is totally exhausting??
***or not. Insert eye-roll emoji here.
No comments:
Post a Comment