Wednesday, November 20, 2019

practice

Today we were having a "training" about a new document camera at church (read: how to plug the thing in), and towards the end of it one of my colleagues - with whom I have had reasonably long conversations - walked up to me, got her face about six inches from mine, and said in slow, clear German, "DID YOU UNDERSTAND THAT SUSANNAH?"

Ah, the joys of being a foreigner.

Ok I'm being too negative. What am I grateful for today? Bullet points coming up!
  • Dan made me breakfast and I lounged in bed until well past 7.
  • I managed to check a couple of things off my to-do list at work.
  • In the afternoon I had a nice coffee (actually, golden milk, which is totally my new thing) and talk with my friend Mike.
  • Christopher did his homework more or less correctly and more or less without a fight.
  • I made a yummy squash risotto for dinner and Caroline declared it "edible." 
  • Tonight I wrote an email I've been mulling over for a long time. And sent it off.
Ooh and now it's 00:00. Bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment