How I can tell that things could be going better with me, mental-state-wise-speaking:
1. I have those little patches of eczema on my scalp that appear when I'm stressed.
2. I'm irritable and I have very little patience - with Dan, with the kids, with work, with anything.
3. I am hungry all the time and eating like crap.
4. I pretty much constantly just want to go to sleep and/or take a bath.
5. The house is yucky and I am not getting around to cleaning it.
6. My step count is way down. (Goal: 12,000. September average: 13,385. October average: 9,960. November average: 7,389. So far today: 12. Ha. But to be fair that's because I don't take my phone with me on the laundry trips up and down the stairs.)
Why this might be:
A. Just another wave of depression, which happens, because brain chemistry or whatever.
B. As much as I've said for weeks now that I'm looking forward to getting back into a normal routine, now that the normal routine is here it feels simultaneously overwhelming and boring. Did I mention that it's laundry day again? Yay.
C. Hangover from more or less keeping it together this summer.
D. Continuing total lack of future plan / general existential angst.
What I could potentially do about it:
I. Ride it out. One foot in front of the other. Tomorrow is another day. And so forth.
II. Get more sleep. Should be an obvious one but this means no more staying up late writing, and I feel like the writing is important for some reason (see C., above).
III. Stop eating sweets. I know that as soon as I have a little something, many more little somethings follow and I *also* know, as much as I hate this fact, that chocolate eating is highly correlated with yelling at the kids.
IV. Go to the doctor and get an iron infusion. Which I hate. Or try eating chicken livers, which I like.
Chicken livers it is, then?
No comments:
Post a Comment