For this evening's blog entry, three unrelated topics:
1. Food again. When we were on vacation in Appenzell, Dan went to a liquor store and found a random and somewhat insensitively named ginger liquor from Bern, and then had the brilliant idea of mixing it with fresh ginger tea for a hot winter drink. Yummmmmmmmm.
2. Existential stuff. This week I've been deeply feeling my longing for work companions. Not just people I work with - the drama on Sunday notwithstanding, I get along as well as can be expected with my co-workers. And not just friends, who are around but leading parallel lives so that we have to make an effort to see each other. I dream of having people I work with *and* have a personal relationship with...a team to share a vision with, colleagues who know me well enough to value my contributions and work around my deficiencies, people with whom I could celebrate success and strategize after failure. In short, the work environment I had (now nearly 10 years ago!!) at GAO... There's a good question, if I could drop everything here and have my old life in Seattle back, would I? I wouldn't. But why??
3. I feel like this blog has been extra boring lately, and it's not because I have nothing to say, but because I can't find the right way to say many of the things that are in my head/heart. I bought the DailyOM course "How to Communicate Like a Buddhist" ages ago and now the time seems right to work through it. There's a lot of journalling involved, and, well, since not much else is going on here, why not? Starting...tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment