I guess what I can say is, I make a pretty good chameleon. As in, sit-very-still-and-hope-to-blend-in.
- This morning I went to a meeting of the local parishes, to which everyone who works in ministry is invited, but pretty much only the priests and pastoral assistants ever show up. But I'm interested in how things work in other churches, and also in having these people know my face in case one day they have a job for me, so there I was. And I even said hello and goodbye to (some) people as if I belonged there.
- Tonight I had dinner with Matthias the priest and two of his...mature lady friends with money...patronesses, I guess you'd call them, though since the church here is supported by taxes there may or may not be any direct philanthropy involved? My job was to bring the computer and show pictures from the parish trip in August. I managed this, and also did not spill anything on myself during dinner.
These are not exactly wild success stories. But also, I studied bioengineering with a chemistry degree, then medical physics with a bioengineering degree, then took my three science degrees and worked as an editor, and now I'm running around masquerading as a German-speaking theologian. Not to mention the mom gig. Schon ein bisschen speziell, as they say here, which means yep, she's definitely a little odd.
![]() |
| I (heart) thenounproject.com |

No comments:
Post a Comment