Thursday, February 27, 2020

the milkshake challenge

Now you will all know that I have lost it completely, but I’ve been thinking about what to do for Lent this year, and about my soul’s deep longing for…a team? a soulmate? a mentor? If just one person believes in you and all that. But whenever I get to wishing for this and feeling down about it (which is a lot, lately), there’s the voice inside me that says, “darling, sorry to break this to you...again 🙄...but look, nobody can do this for you. You’ve got to believe in yourself.” So. Fine. During Lent I’m going to post good things about my own sweet self. I assure you, for every good attribute I could name six crappy ones. But it’s high time I practiced having a positive self-image. Will the count get past, like, 3? Stay tuned.
"Bunny ballet," by Caroline and her school friend
Featuring Susi the bunny, who does not have self-esteem issues, as best we can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment