I have been such a mess lately, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to relax and enjoy the experience, but long story short, I did. It was nice to be away for 48 hours and it was nice to sleep in a hotel room all by myself and it was nice to spend time with a good friend and it was nice to eat delicious French food and it was nice to visit a random exhibition (specifically, this one) at the Fondation Louis Vuitton, a crazy Frank Gehry building in the Jardin D'Acclimatation. Here are some photos...
French is so fun. Here's Ruwan in front of the Ascenseur GRANDE CAPACITÉ, which was indeed incredibly grande. For more amazing elevator-related insanity, check out this video of the auditorium.
Here is (1) a designer kitchen from 1929 and a coffee bar of today and (2) a restaurant-grade Nespresso capsule machine?! Who knew?
| Nailed it! |
Unrelated: Paris has some excellent parking-space icons.
And finally, the promised falafel...
| ...was absolutely delicious. |
As predicted, my study materials were just ballast, so I'll do as much studying as I can tomorrow and then...try to release attachment to the outcome, I guess? Say a prayer for me on Saturday morning if you can.
No comments:
Post a Comment