Saturday, March 14, 2020

day 1

Yes I could probably find more time to post if I didn't keep getting sucked into reading coronavirus stuff on the interwebs.

Yesterday they announced that schools would be canceled for the whole country until April 4, and Zürich extended that a week, which will take us to Easter and spring break, so the kids won't be back at school until the end of April, at the earliest.

The kids are relatively freaked out by the change of schedule, the prospect of having to spend weeks cooped up with their weird parents, and worry about the coronavirus.

I'm - oddly, perhaps - fine with it. I'm happy that the kids are home, happy that we are all (so far) healthy, happy that I can stop worrying every day about the germ pit that is school, remarkably relieved that I have an excuse to give work and my classes a break.

And how will I feel a week from now? Unclear. Finding a way for the kids to get enough physical activity while we're all stuck here in the apartment is going to be key. Finding a way for Dan and I to get time away from the kids while we're all stuck here in the apartment is also going to be key. Time to make a schedule.


No comments:

Post a Comment