There's this story going around about dolphins appearing in the canals of Venice, which turns out not to be true, but nevertheless there's something that resonates about taking this opportunity to let the mud settle out of my life. And yesterday using my laptop was not unlike slogging through mud, so I started closing tabs, but there are a ton I'm not ready to let go of, so as a fun exercise I'm going to paste them here and try putting them in categories and THEN close them. Are you ready?
Safari Tabs I Couldn't Bear to Close, Corona Edition
Storytelling / Art of Hosting / Participatory Leadership
participative action helping refugees in Switzerland and abroad
I'm going to do circle training. One of these days.
But I would have to find the time to watch a video.
Tantalizing. Have never gotten around to figuring out how to get onto JSTOR and download this.
a skill for our time
"The goal of sensitive language is to avoid causing harm and perpetuating violence."
Religion / Feminism / Feminist Christianity
The Women The Vatican Could Not Silence. Dr Mary McAleese and Sister Joan Chittister in conversation
again with the videos...
I think we need this badly, but in a completely non-denominational, pan-religious, human sense. But I've never managed to visit the meeting in my area because I'm afraid it will consist of two Jesus-freak grandmothers. No prejudices to see here, move along.
Maybe maybe could use something like this to slowly wean ourselves away from the Bible and towards a more holistic view of revelation?
belongs in religion because I want to do it at playgroup someday, and I'm sticking to that story
Toxic masculinity hurts all of us.
Corona
seems to have his head screwed on correctly
coloring pages from museums, how cool
kid-and-corona-friendly activities from a friend of a friend
No seriously, if you look at it this way, I have some actual identifiable interests, right? That's kinda cool. It ain't dolphins but it's something!
And...deep breath...they're closed.
Ok, all but two. And Facebook. But still.
Will I notice a performance improvement? Probably not until I do this with Chrome, but that's a project for another day.
Will I be dressed before noon today? The clock is ticking...
No comments:
Post a Comment