Monday, March 30, 2020

distance

So in the end yesterday was even less productive than Sunday, but if we're being called to sit on the couch, I reported for duty. I mostly let Daniel and the kids fend for themselves and spent a bunch of time working on on a project for our 25th college reunion, which may or may not come to anything. And I participated in three (3) distancing-friendly social activities:
  1. a Zoom call for the GAIA initiative with 280(!) of my closest friends. I don't know if I'll continue with this, but the technology is amazing.
  2. a sing-along with Daveed and Nobu of Choir! Choir! Choir!. And Caroline, who then didn't get to bed until 10 and couldn't sleep, so next time we won't watch it live. Who knew that the lyrics to "Here Comes the Sun" could be so poignant?
  3. the St. Mark's Sunday service, this time without the kids, which was maybe good because I started crying somewhere around the sign of peace. 
I wonder if I'll forget how to speak German before this is all over. 

Daniel made pancakes for dinner, yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment