Today we took it easy - we've decided to slide all of Holy Week down one day, so we can celebrate at home (and many hours late, but whatever) with my most favorite brother and his services at St. Mark's. So Holy Thursday will be on Friday this year. Stranger things are happening these days.
In other news, while I've been craving alone time this week, Caroline has been hormonal and craving Mommy Time. The trouble with this is, she knows that she wants attention, but she doesn't know what attention she wants. So she bounds up to me like a puppy and physically pummels me until I figure out what to do with her or get annoyed, at which point she gets offended and goes back to her room. Repeat. Fun with puberty. But she was done with her schoolwork today, so we tried hard to find a solution to this problem. Should I read her a book? No, she's outgrown that. Should we take a walk together? No, she doesn't want to leave the house. We played Uno Extreme*, put together the pizzas for dinner, and watched TV** - but what clicked in the end was me giving her a foot massage while she sat on the couch and crocheted.
Which is like foot washing, I guess, so maybe we celebrated Holy Thursday today after all?
*A couple of years ago now, we saw Uno Extreme in a store and Caroline wanted it and I said no, that looks silly. Then she participated in a study at the university and got to pick out a reward and, yep, Uno Extreme entered our home. It's silly. So silly it's fun.
**more Nailed It! and also the first episode of the new Mallory Towers series on CBBC.
No comments:
Post a Comment