It's hard to say what happened today. Something, surely...but also nothing. The boys spent lots of time together, Caroline and I played more Uno and watched more Nailed It!, Caroline went out for a walk with the donkeys, I tried hard to make a Holy Thursday meal worthy of the Last Supper...but got frustrated by the fact that I had no moral support in the kitchen, and by the time it was all finished and Caroline was back home and we watched the online liturgy it was very late for dinner and everyone was pretty out of sorts.
Judging only by taste, though, it came out unexpectedly well.
 |
| Homemade Matzo, a strange lentil-rice-cheese pilaf recipe, and something that was supposed to approximate Polpette di Bollito because Christopher was reading a book on Ancient Rome and apparently ground beef in bread crumbs was something they ate back then. Caroline: "these would be good with pasta and tomato sauce." |
This moving-everything-by-a-day thing is messing with my head, so I think I'll give up and celebrate Good Friday and Holy Saturday in one fell swoop tomorrow so we can be back on track for Easter morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment