Thursday, April 30, 2020

sleepy

I'm feeling better today, but tired. This afternoon Caroline went walking with the donkeys, Christopher had an online class on my computer, and dinner was simmering away in the slow cooker, so I decided I'd sneak off to Caroline's room and try to read. Instead I fell asleep for the better part of an hour. The rest of the day I was either cooking or helping the kids with their school assignments. I have absolutely no idea how people with both jobs and kids are managing this.

But there may light at the end of the tunnel. The lockdown loosened for certain services on Monday - I have appointments with both the hairdresser and the dentist next week - and today the government announced that restaurants and museums would be allowed to re-open, along with elementary schools, on May 11. The number of new cases in Switzerland is back down to where it was before the lockdown started, which...does not seem low enough that the whole thing isn't just going to blow up as soon as people start exchanging germs again? But we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment