Wednesday, April 22, 2020

castle

Yesterday was "clean the floors" day, and I didn't. This morning at 9 I told myself that cleaning was my priority, and I wouldn't sit down with my laptop until the bathrooms and floors were done. At 5:30, I finally sat down. You might think that the apartment would be sparkling clean after a full day of cleaning...it's not. Which maybe says something about the state it was in when I started. The floors, at least, are significantly less gross than they were this morning. Also, to be fair, the cleaning only lasted until 4, then I spent an hour and a half with Christopher (finally) finishing our cardboard castle.

Compare and contrast:
Schloss Kyburg (Roland Zumbühl, www.picswiss.ch - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=1979262)
Our cardboard model of Schloss Kyburg.
Once the coronavirus drama has passed (or, "if I make it through this alive," as my friend Claudia likes to say) we'll have to go see it in person. Google says we can walk there from here in 6 hours, in fact. The kids will be thrilled, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment